The Gippsland Veterans Pennant has been held each year since 1992 and has retained the format of two players per team. The number of teams and grades have varied over the years but the current arrangement of 4 teams in each grade and covering 5 grades seems to be the formula that works best. The competition runs for 7 weeks including the Grand Final/Presentation night and is seen as a competitive/social event for players over the age of forty. With only two players per team, the success of the competition is heavily reliant on “fill-in” players to cover absences that occur on a regular basis. eg. (21 “fill- in” players were required this year to ensure that all teams were competitive.)
This unique event which also includes supper and participating player gifts will continue as long as it is supported by the TTTA and its members.
- Section 1 Premiers- ( Team Silver) Jeff Pollard / Mal Kerr. Top Player – Deepak Patel
- Section 2 “ ( “ Gold) Max Zygarlicki / Allan Fullard. Top Player – Ken Tatterson
- Section 3 “ ( “ Gold) Corey Berkhout / Peter Riggall Top Player – Jamie Sjamsudin
- Section 4 “ ( “ Gold) Jim Gilmour / Heather Wilson Top Player – Colin Crawford
- Section 5 “ ( “ Bronze) Neil McKenzie / Pauline Deeringer Top Player – Neil McKinnon
Don Milner - Gippsland Veterans Committee